Banshee Darkside Jenson Zee Bike 2015
Want to join the Darkside, do you?
If you choose the fast and unforgiving path as Vader did, you will become an agent of shred. Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the Darkside. Rage, fearlessness, aggression; the Darkside's side of the Force are they. Easily it flows, quick to drop in for a run. If once you start down the gnarliest trail, forever will it dominate your density, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice. When you look at the Darkside, careful you must be. For the Darkside looks back.
Named after a local DH trail in none other than Whistler, Canada, the Darkside focuses on inducing smiles and inspiring confidence through its perfect blend of stability and flickability. The linkage provides a predictable but lively feel, similar to what you might get from a well-designed single pivot design, but with all the benefits that come from using the KS Link virtual pivot system. The benefits of this linkage over a single pivot are that it offers optimized active braking, a tunable leverage curve, increased lateral stiffness, improved axle path and direct actuation of the RockShox Vivid R2C B3 rear shock to reduce DU bushing rotation and friction. The result is a very supple suspension at the start of the travel, which ramps up to give a nice bottomless feel towards the end of travel while tracking, carrying speed well, and minimizing pedal feedback throughout.
The short chainstays on the Darkside conceive a bike that begs you to whip it, boost it or scrub it off jumps with panache. When combined with the linkage, you're able to brake later, carry speed longer, boost bigger off lips and obstacles, and land big hits with poise. Additionally, the Darkside has a longer front-center and reach, and a slacker head angle that allows the bike to remain dynamic and playful when you sit back, and quick and mean when you lean forward and punch it.
Our custom build pairs the Darkside with Shimano's Zee 10-speed drivetrain to bring high performance at a stellar pricepoint. The Zee M640 trigger shifters lets you play with the CS-5700 cassette, while the Zee brakes provide the power efficiency to have you riding with confidence. We round out the Darkside Zee with a Spank cockpit. The Darkside has a Shimano FC-M645 17x36 tooth crankset that powers Spank's Spike EVO Race28 27.5" wheels, which are wrapped in Kenda Honey Badger DH Pro tires.
"Powerful you have become, the Darkside I sense in you." - Master Yoda
- Travel: 180mm of KS-Link suspension optimised for playful DH / park riding
- Short Chainstays: 16.5" chainstays make the Darkside really easy to manual, whip and scrub, as well as rail round corners
- Progressive leverage curve: Optimised to get DH race levels of traction with a fun poppy and bottomless feel
- Taper Headtube: 44mm ¦ 56mm (1.125" zero stack top, 1.5" zero stack bottom) allows angle sets ad tapered forks
- Hydroformed 7005 AL tubes: Increases strength and stiffness, and reduces weight
- Splined ISCG2005: Latest standard in ISCG for chainguide mounting with a splined interface to give infinite adjustibility
- Integrated fork bumpers: We have worked with ODI to offer interchangeable fork bumpers that protect your frame and fork during a crash
- Pedal neutral linkage: The suspension linkage has been optimised to result in minimal pedal kickback for a fun neutral feel
- Internal ribbed stays: Increase stiffness for railing berms and holding lines through the roughest of trail sections, and boosting acceleration
- Aggressive geometry: Slack angles, short chainstay, long front centre... all adds up to fun at speed
- Tire Clearance: 26 x 2.5 or 650b x 2.5 (with 650b dropouts)
- INA Bearing pivots: Fully sealed high quality bearings throughout
- KS Link pivot system: Optimised suspension kinematics for a fast, nimble, agressive and fun ride
|Fork||Rock Shox BoXXer Team 27.5" 200MM, Diffusion Black|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Vivid R2C B3|
|Headset||Cane Creek 10 ZS44/28.6 56/30|
|Shifters||Shimano Zee M640 10-Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano RD-M640, 10-speed|
|Crankset||Shimano FC-M645, 17X36|
|Chain||SShimano HG-54 10-SPEED|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-5700 11-25T|
|Brakes||Shimano Zee with SM-RT86 6-Bolt Rotors|
|Wheelset||SPANK SPIKE EVO RACE28 27.5"|
|Tires||Kenda Honey Badger DH Pro 27.5"|
|Handlebar||Spank Spoon 785mm wide, 31.8mm, 20mm rise|
|Stem||Spank Sike Director 31.8mm Direct Mount|
|Seatpost||RACE FACE RIDE 30.9MM, 375MM|
|Saddle||SDG FALCON BLACK|
Note: Components are subject to change without notice.
|A: Seat Tube Length||380mm (15.0")||395mm (15.6")||410mm (16.1")|
|B: Effective Top Tube||570mm (22.4")||597mm (23.5")||627mm (24.7")|
|E: BB Height||Low - 348mm (13.7") / Neutral - 354mm (13.9") / High - 363mm (14.3")||Low - 348mm (13.7") / Neutral - 354mm (13.9") / High - 363mm (14.3")||Low - 348mm (13.7") / Neutral - 354mm (13.9") / High - 363mm (14.3")|
|F: BB Drop/Rise||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|G: Head Tube Length||125 (4.9")||125 (4.9")||125 (4.9")|
|H: Head Tube Angle||Low - 63.5° / Neutral - 64.0° / High - 64.5°||Low - 63.5° / Neutral - 64.0° / High - 64.5°||Low - 63.5° / Neutral - 64.0° / High - 64.5°|
|I: Seat Tube Angle||Low - 72.5° / Neutral - 73.0° / High - 73.5°||Low - 72.5° / Neutral - 73.0° / High - 73.5°||Low - 72.5° / Neutral - 73.0° / High - 73.5°|
|J: Standover Height||693mm||700mm||708mm|
|K: Chainstay Length||Low - 435mm (17.1") / Neutral - 431mm (17.0") / High - 432mm (16.8")||Low - 435mm (17.1") / Neutral - 431mm (17.0") / High - 432mm (16.8")||Low - 435mm (17.1") / Neutral - 431mm (17.0") / High - 432mm (16.8")|
|L: Wheelbase||1159mm (45.6")||1186mm (46.7")||1214mm (47.8")|
1 year ago
Q & A
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items