To best illustrate the advantage of CS, Cane Creek created the animation below using real data from dyno plots of a shock with CS off and then with CS on.
Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS Rear Shock
Downhill Performance Meets Climbing Efficiency
The Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS Rear Shock is the world's first enduro-specific coil shock utilizing the revolutionary Climbing Switch Technology. This technology lets you have your cake and eat it too. First, appreciate the small bump compliance, heat dissipation, and linear spring action that is only found on a coil shock. Then, access the climbing efficiency at the flip of a switch. This CS platform allows adjustments to both compression and rebound resulting in better traction and connection with the trail while minimizing the power sucking pedal-bob.
- Twin-Tube Technology: Circulates oil continuously through the valving to achieve highly controllable, independent damping for both compression and rebound strokes.
- 4-Way Independent Adjustment: Unique in the cycling industry, this Ã–hlins* breakthrough design totally isolates the rebound and compression circuits.
- Built by Hand in Fletcher, NC: Every Double Barrel shock is hand-built in the Cane Creek factory and dyno checked to ensure the highest level of performance and quality control.
- Climbing Switch Technology: Climb Switch changes compression and rebound damping simultaneously to mitigate unwanted chassis motion while climbing.
- Spring and mounting hardware sold separately.
- Weight: 454g (damper only)
A free App from Cane Creek that turns your phone into a Double Barrel rear shock tuning expert. Learn More.
* For nearly three decades, Ã–hlins Racing AB, based in Stockholm, Sweden, has produced high-performance suspension systems for the elite teams in all disciplines of World Class motor sports racing, including motocross, Moto GP, Formula One, and NASCAR. Cane Creek has teamed up with Ã–hlins to bring the technology that has netted more than 100 World Championships and other major titles in motor sports to cycling.
The weight is about twice the air coil with TI Spring but the smooth rebound of the spring system is worth the conversion.
The most important thing however is that in order for this shock to be all that it can be, you have to spend the time to tune. Otherwise it will perform equal or less than its Fox/RockShox counterparts.
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items