Castelli Alpha Jacket
The name Alpha denotes the first in a series, and in the case of this jacket, your first choice. With the Alpha Jacket, Castelli introduces several new techniques and fabrics to construct cool and cold weather jackets. They have focused on two perennial problems with cycling jackets and wind jerseys.
First order of business is ventilation. With Castelli's latest fabrics they can essentially build a winter jacket that will keep you warm in all but the most extreme conditions with just a base layer underneath. But when you open the front zipper you get a blast of cold air at the top of your chest, while the rest of your body remains too hot. The Alpha detaches the insulation layer from the windproof layer so that you can open the windproof layer to let air in to ventilate and help evaporate moisture. Riding these pieces shows how effective it is at regulating temperature and comfort while helping to keep you drier.
The second focus area is all the openings. At the waist, Castelli uses a new fabric and construction that lays completely flat, is streamlined for aerodynamics, yet when you drop into the riding position it follows your body without binding or billowing. At the wrists, Castelli's new flat raw-edge construction that interfaces perfectly with their gloves to keep drafts out and improve comfort. At the collar Castelli's new articulated construction that follows the bends in your neck whether you're standing or riding in the lowest aero position.
- Articulated collar that fits better whether standing or riding
- Windstopper® 150 fabric is windproof and water-resistant, with four-way stretch for freedom of movement
- Better ventilation, better moisture evaporation thanks to separate insulating layer
- Asymmetric external YKK® Vislon zipper slides easily and lays flat
- Raw edge waist lays flat and moves with you
- Raw edge wrist cuffs lay flat for a perfect interface with gloves
- Stretch fabrics with advanced patterning make for excellent close-to-body fit yet accommodates a wide range of body types
- Back ventilation
- Castelli silicon text gripper at waist keeps the jacket from riding up
- 3 rear pockets, one zippered with reflective webbing
- Weight: 430g
|Size||Small||Medium||Large||X Large||XX Large||XXX Large|
1. On the bike, your Castelli jersey should
fit close to the skin.
2. Off the bike, your Castelli jersey might
feel tight across the chest and a little
short in front.
3. Castelli ProSecco treatment helps
perspiration evaporate quickly to keep
you cooler and drier.
4. Castelli jerseys are designed with the
sleeves articulated forward for maximum
5. Bibshorts should fit tightly enough
to support critical leg muscles through
compression without inhibiting
movement and constricting blood flow.
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items