Intense Tracer T275 Carbon Expert Bike 2014
Over the years, the Intense Tracer has seen its fair share of updates. First there was the Tracer proper, an excellent trail bike that was beloved by many for over a decade. Next, there was the Tracer 2 which slightly increased the travel and adjusted the geometry to accommodate their VPP suspension system. The last update brought the 650b platform to their legendary trail bike in the form of the Tracer 275. Now, the next evolutionary step in the Tracer’s taxonomy is the Tracer T275.
The new Tracer T275 Carbon from Intense Cycles is the latest in trail bike innovation and the newly crowned king of Intense's 27.5" range. Building upon the venerable reputation of several previous variations of the alloy Tracer, the T275 propels the Tracer name to new heights by introducing the lightweight agility of a competition grade carbon frame. Boasting an aggressive geometry design, 5.5-6 inches of adjustable travel, and the precision of Intense's VPP suspension technology, the Tracer T275 is poised to devour rock gardens, carve up singletrack, and attack climbs like no other, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust in its wake. The well-proven 27.5" wheel size offers the agility of 26" wheels combined with the added power and stability offered by the 29er platform, resulting in a ride that is truly the best of both worlds.
The production of the Tracer T275 frame is a result of a collaboration between Intense and German engineering firm, SEED. Intense sought out SEED to tap into their expansive expertise in carbon fiber manufacturing, for a bike that Intense designer, Jeff Steber, considers the best of two worlds: American design and German Engineering. The result of this collaboration is a bicycle that is exceptionally precise, dialed, and beautiful yet packed with all the snarl, shred, and attitude Intense is known for. The 27.5" wheel size offers the best of both worlds with its ability to clear obstacles in a way that is reminiscent of the 29er platform, plus an added knack for quick handling and agility that will keep 26" devotees satisfied as well. With modern trail geometry and the VPP suspension, the Tracer T275 is your do everything bike. VPP suspension balances forces to eliminate unwanted compression. VPP bikes use a patented link configuration and axle path to apply some of the pulling force from the chain to counteract the motion caused by pedaling, offering a plush ride with minimal “pedal- bob”.
The Tracer T275 raises the bar on performance, technology, and beauty. The T275 offers aggressive geometry, patented VPP suspension, all the design benefits of 2nd generation INTENSE carbon fiber, and the sleek, modern look Intense is known for. Designed to allow riders to descend the roughest enduro tracks with confidence, the bike features adjustable travel from 5.5 - 6 inches of rear wheel travel via the Fox Float CTD Factory shock, and 160mm of travel up front courtesy of the Fox Float 34 CTD Factory suspension fork. The slack head angle (66.5°ree;) and 17” chainstays work together to create a bike that delivers exceptional agility and improved handling; fast and gnarly rock sections never felt so secure.
For a frame of this caliber, Intense felt they needed to include all the bells and whistles: internal cable routing, Reverb Stealth seat post routing, and ISCG 05 tabs for all your chain guide needs. A full Shimano XT 2x10 drivetrain delivers top notch, reliable pedaling performance that with a gear-range well suited for any terrain. Powerful Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes offer industry leading braking performance with the goods to stop on a dime when needed and nuanced control for modulating speed on technical descents. The T275C rolls smooth on a bomb-proof set of Stan’s NoTubes ZTR Flow EX wheels, offering tubeless compatibility right out of the box. A RockShox Reverb Stealthseat post provides simple and convenient control of seatpost height for adjusting saddle position on-the-fly as terrain changes. Intense chose to outfit the cockpit with an Intense branded saddle, stem, and handlebar for a lightweight package centered on leverage and excellent control.
- The Tracer T275 is one of the most capable and well rounded all-mountain trailbikes we have had the pleasure to review. The only disappointment it has handed us is that we will eventually have to send it home. — PinkBike.com
- The design, geometry and VPP suspension creates a bike that loves to fly down the trail and through the air, making for a fun bike at speed. — MTBR.com
- It’s the next evolution of an already successful ride that brings it up to the highest level of standards. From a spec sheet that mimics our dream builds to the incredibly well-balanced VPP suspension and impressive carbon construction, they’ve nailed all the major details and the minor ones, too. — VitalMTB.com
- It’s an extremely capable all-rounder with ride characteristics that lean towards the more playful side of the shred scale. Riders who favor a bike in this travel range will be interested to hear how it descends and won’t be disappointed with the results. — BikeRumor.com
2015 Intense Tracer T275 Carbon Expert Bike Features
- Monocoque Frame Construction
- 27.5/ 650B wheel base
- Intended Use: Trail/ All-Mountain/ Enduro
- Adjustable Travel: 5.5-6”
- Patented VPP Suspension
- Tapered Headtube, 44|49 Headset size
- G1 Replaceable Drop Out System
- 31.6mm Seatpost Diameter
- High-Direct Mount Front Derailleur
- ISCG 05 Mounts
- Internal Cable Routing
- Standard and Stealth Dropper Seat Post Routing
- FLK-GRD Downtube and Chainstay Protection
- Angular Contact/ Collet Bearing System with Replaceable Grease Zirks
- Designed in Temecula, California, USA
||27.5" All Mountain Carbon front and rear triangle, VPP suspension technology, Internal derailleur, brake, and dropper post routing, ISGC 05 mount, downtube Flak Guard armor, 160mm travel
||Fox Racing Shox 34 Float Factory 27.5 CTD, Tapered, 15mm thru-axle
||Cane Creek, 40 series, ZS44/EC49
||Fox Shox Float CTD Factory, 200X57mm Tracer 275 custom tune
||Stan's NoTubes ZTR Flow Ex, 27.5", 12x142mm rear, 15mm front, 6 bolt
||Maxxis High Roller II, 27.5 x 2.3"
||Shimano XT M785 hydraulic disc, RT76 180mm rotors
||Shimano XT M780, 10 speed
||Shimano XT FD-M786D-T-L
||Shimano XT M786, 10 speed
||Shimano XT M785, 38/26t, 10 speed
||Shimano HG81, 11-36T, 10spd
||Shimano HGX 10 speed
||Intense Recon Bar, 2014 Alloy, 15mm rise, 740mm wide
||Intense, 2014 Alloy, 70mm
||Intense Dual Density Lock-on grips
||Intense Sacred Heart,CroMo Rails
||Rockshox Reverb Stealth, 120mm travel, 31.6mm x 420mm, zero offset
Note: Components are subject to change without notice.
Geometry (150mm fork)
|Top Tube Length
|Seat Tube Length
|Head Tube Length
|Seat Tube Angle (Effective)
|Seat Tube Angle (Actual)
|Head Tube Angle