Note: Photo is for illustration purposes only. A cassette is not included.
CycleOps Silencer Direct Trainer
When winter has arrived each year, most of us cyclist wind up in a jumble when it comes to staying fast and on form. We come across magazine articles and countless internet pieces that swear to us that the only way to truly train during the off-season is to ride long, slow rides to achieve base mileage. There is no denying that the best and most effective way to train during the cold months is to get out and ride. However, for many of us non-pro cyclists, as the days grow shorter, darker, wetter and colder, yet our work hours stay the same, our riding time and motivation is undoubtedly cut short. For those of us who don’t simply have the time to ride during daylight hours, and don’t fancy riding in the chill and low visibility of the dark hours, the answer is indoor training. Luckily for us, indoor training is the name of the game for CycleOps.
If your schedule is so erratic that you must resort to working out during the wee hours, the Silencer Direct Drive Mag Trainer is whisper quiet, allowing you to train without a sound. The Silencer provides direct-drive technology, ultra-response resistance and unmatched road feel. The functionality is this easy: simply remove your rear wheel, connect your drivetrain to the trainer and pedal in silence. The Silencer Direct is the perfect trainer for those who have little ones trying to sleep or those who live in close quarters living.
Cycleops Silencer Direct Drive Trainer Features
- Direct drive magnetic resistance unit is whisper quiet
- 5 resistance levels with handlebar shifter
- Wide Stance for stability
- Dimensions LxWxH: 24x18.5x19.5” (612x465x493 mm)
- Weight: 39lbs (17.6kg)
- Applicable frame size: Applicable frame rear fork width: 130mm and 135mm. Applicable wheel diameter: 700c and 28 inch series (road bicycle, mountain bicycle). The use of a riser block is unnecessary for wheel diameters of 28 inch and 700c. Riser blocks may be used for the wheel diameter of 26 inch.
- Flywheel: Cassette type (SHIMANO -road bicycle 10-gear 11T-25T) or SRAM -road bicycle 10-gear 11T-26T
- Resistance: Magnetic control resistance Five sections of wire control for resistance adjustment
- Maximum load (excluding bicycle): 100kg/220 pounds
- Heat dissipation mode: Air cooling
- Cassette compatibility: Shimano; SRAM
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items