Industry Nine Torch i25 Classic Wheelset
The Industry Nine I25 wheelset combines the legendary Torch Classic I9 hubs with a modern, wide, tubeless aluminum rim. This wheelset is built for extreme punishment from rough roads to cyclocross. The heart of the wheelset is the I9 Torch Classic Hubset. These hubs use a machined aluminum hubshell and oversized bearings for excellent stiffness to weight ratio. I9 wants your hubs to keep rolling season after season, so they built the end caps with Teflon contact seals for perfect sealing. The rim utilizes a 23.5mm wide outer rim extrusion which is a departure from the industry standard of 19-19.5mm. This offers a leap in stiffness and strength without adding a lot of weight. Additional width in the rim means extra support is given to the tire sidewall allowing for tire pressures to be lowered by 10 to 15 PSI. Lower PSI enhances ride quality and cornering traction. These wheels have been called the best riding aluminum hoops on the planet. Built for your rim-brake road bike, these wheels are ready for years of punishment.
The "Classic" designation means these hubs are built around the J-bend spoke standard that has been in use for longer than you've been alive. That means, in the rare case that you somehow break a spoke, any bike shop should have a spoke handy to lace back in its place in a matter of minutes. No "proprietary spoke" shenanigans will keep you from riding while you wait for a fancy spoke to come in. The spokes on this wheelset are the coveted Sapim Lasers, a strong, light double-butted spoke that doesn't carry the high price penalty of aero-section spokes.
Industry Nine wheels are 100% handbuilt in Asheville, North Carolina. Rims and bearings are outsourced, but design, manufacturing, quality control, sales and assembly are all done at home where close tabs on tolerance and quality can be kept.
- Wheelset Weight: 1535 Grams (Rim 445g, Front 685g Rear 850g)
- Rim Brake Only
- Torch Freehub offers insanely fine 60 points / 6 degree engagement with 3 pawls
- Rims: 700c, 23.5mm outer / 19mm inner width / 25mm depth (35mm+ Valve Stems recommended)
- Tubeless-Ready profile, Pre-taped with tubeless valves included
- Recommended Tire Width: 23-40mm
- Freehub: Aluminum Torch Freehub, Shimano / SRAM 11 Speed, can be converted to Campy 11-speed or SRAM XD-R with Industry Nine freehub kits
- Front Hub: 2 bearings with Teflon seals, 20 standard J-bend spoke holes, QR 100mm Hub Width
- Rear Hub: 4 bearings with external Teflon seals, and silicone freehug seal. 24 spoke holes. QR 130mm Hub Width
- Spokes: Sapim Laser, Aluminum Nipples
- 250lb / 114 kg suggested rider weight limit
- Made in USA, 2 year limited warranty on manufacturer defects or workmanship
- Please note: Wheel Skewers not included.
PROS: Easy To Install, Attractive Design, Lightweight, Durable
3 months ago
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items