Leatt DBX 5.5 Neck Brace
No introduction is necessary for Leatt DBX neck braces. Then again, the DBX 5.5 is not like other Leatt DBX neck braces. The DBX 5.5 is CE certified and balances the needs of comfort, effectiveness and safety by allowing greater freedom of movement and adjustment to meet the demands of top level racers and provide the best safety possible. The DBX 5.5 neck brace accomplishes this through Leatt’s Alternative Load Path Technology (ALPT®), which in order to work properly the neck brace must first fit correctly.
Highly adjustable fit is achieved through the front and rear sliding SureFit adjusters that can be easily set for your personal body shape, without tools, and in less than 30 seconds. To further optimize fit, the new and improved CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has an exclusive feature that allows it to be adjusted to 4 setting angles. This is done with a simple elastomeric bumper that can be set at 0, 5, 10 or 15 degrees in seconds.
To achieve superior comfort, the DBX 5.5 has lowered side areas below the ear, which enhance wearability prolong comfort. A simple pop off shoulder pad allows you to raise or lower your brace in order suit your neck length or helmet rim profiles. Both the front and the back feature have the new split design which promotes broader dissipation of energy transmitted to the body, as well as new molded padding for greater comfort.
Lastly, and more importantly, maximum safety is accomplished through a semi-rigid chassis that is flexible and adjustable enough to fit most riders’ body shape while the structure remains rigid enough to help transmit energy during an impact, while multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders’ safety. The new and improved CoreFlex rear thoracic strut is more comfortable than ever and still has the engineered fracture point at the top that allows it to break away in certain severe impacts. The strut, as well as the brace edges facing inwards towards the soft tissues of the neck, are lined with injected soft, yet durable foam padding.
Boasting comfort, functionality and safety, it’s no wonder why the DBX 5.5 just might be the most technologically advanced neck brace ever produced. Its looks aren’t too shabby either….
- Engineered by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and tested by some of the fastest bicycle and motorcycle racers in the world
- Totally new chassis design made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide
- New helmet rim striking platform for increased head and helmet freedom of motion
- 5 way adjustability
- Sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit
- 4 angle rear thoracic strut adjustments fits more body shapes
- Adjustable over the shoulder height for optimizing freedom of motion for different neck lengths and helmet rim profiles
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- New and improved, CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back
- New and improved low profile open / close system incorporating a spring loaded push-button
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders
- Engineered collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- Injected foam padding on upper surface is more durable, easier to clean and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits
- Air flow ribs in the padding ensure optimum ventilation
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC