MRP SXG Alloy Single Chainring Guide
You've got your 1x drivetrain perfectly tuned and dialed just the way you want it. But wait! There's just one thing missing. Protection and security to keep it perfectly tuned.
Somewhere in the haste to simplify our drivetrains, we all wrote-off the formerly ubiquitous bash guard. On top of that, we put all of our confidence into modern chainring tooth designs to retain our chains through erratic terrain. Now a few years into the 1x revolution, some are finding that their naked drivetrains don't always take too nicely to the rocky, technical trails at the speeds our sophisticated carbon wonder bikes hearten us to go. Additionally, some riders might be finding themselves replacing chains and chainrings every few hundred miles simply to prevent them from frequently having to put their chain back on.
MRP's SXG Alloy Single Chainring Guide features Whippersnapper technology which is a lower guide that delivers drag free, lower retention to provide durable protection, and to make sure dropped chains, damaged chainrings, and any worry that your chain isn't on your ring as you sprint out of a corner, a thing of the past. Additionally, the full-size, nylon HD upper guide with co-molded TPU material on the interior walls and ceiling muffles and silences chain contact, virtually eliminating that annoying rattling sound. Conveniently, MRP's Swingset hardware swings open to simplify installation and service procedures.
- Whippersnapper lower guide halts the otherwise drop-inducing chain whiplash caused by deep compressions and successive hits.
- Full-size, nylon HD upper guide with co-molded TPU material on the interior walls and ceiling that silences chain contact.
- Aluminum backplate provides a stiff foundation.
- Integrated SX skid provides safeguard to the chainring and glides over rocks and obstacles.
- Nylon and TPU co-molding in the Whippersnapper provides durable protection from external blows and mutes internal contact with the chain.
- Swingset technology allows for the upper guide and skid to conveniently swing out of the way during installation and service procedures.
- Two rear skid mounting positions in the backplate are provided to accommodate a range of chainring sizes.
- All installation and adjustment operations are possible with just a single 4mm HEX wrench.
- Available in 30-34t and 34-38t sizing.
- Compatible with chainlines 49mm and wider.
- ISCG-05 only.
- 149g (34-38t Alloy ISCG-05)
PROS: Lightweight, Attractive Design
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items