6D ATB-1 Attack Helmet
As it is today, by the nature of EPS foam and the traditional way of constructing a helmet, manufacturers cannot adequately support both ends of the impact energy spectrum for off-road helmets. Most mountain bike helmets are certified to protect against high-impact, life-threatening crashes. As everyone would agree that this is a very important part of a helmet, it does however overlook the smaller, concussion-causing impacts. Although these smaller impacts transfer less energy to the rider’s head, a concussion can be caused by impacts ranging from 60-169g* in an adult male and can results in serious, long-term effects on the brain. Most modern Snell and ECE certified helmets transfer about 120g of energy to the rider’s head during a 4m/sec (8.95mph) impact, which is more than enough to cause a concussion.
6D’s revolutionary new ODS™ technology addresses these issues concerning low-impact crashes, providing protections over a broader range of energy transfer. ODS™ (Omni-Directional Suspension™) technology starts, like most helmets, with an EPS liner, however that is where the similarities end. The EPS liner on a 6D helmet is divided in two, separated by an Air-Gap which is supported by a series of elastomeric isolation dampers. These hourglass shaped elastomers (pictured below) provide omni-directional movement of the outer-shell during a crash, protecting against oblique impacts and angular acceleration demands; something no other helmets can offer.
- Excellent low-threshold energy compliance
- Improved linear energy compliance
- Mitigates angular acceleration energy transfer
- Exclusive Air-Gap for improved cooling and heat transfer
- Reduced likelihood of injury or concussion compared to traditional helmet design
6D ATB-1 Safety Features
- ODS™ (Omni-Directional Suspension™) Technology
- Air-Gap Technology™: An advanced air-flow management
system designed to provide significant air-flow throughout the entire helmet.
- Shell: A proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar.
- Visor mounts flush with integrated recess into the outer shell surface.
- Large eyeport opening provides excellent fitment of all popular goggles
- Removable contoured roost guard provides additional protection from rocks and roost.
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport combine with a shell recess to keep your goggle strap secure.
- Clavicle Cut-Away: Provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength.
- Rear Delta Vent: Aids heat transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet.
- Sternum Pad: Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident.
- Comfort Liner: Genuine CoolMax™ anti-bacterial fabric. Easy removal makes washing and replacement easy.
- Emergency Release Cheek Pads: Provides easier access and helmet removal during emergency situations.
- Replaceable mouth piece provides excellent roost protection and air-flow.
- Shear-away Visor Screws: Manufactured of engineered plastic rather than aluminum or titanium, allows the screws to shear more easily in the event of a high-stress impact or snag, improving rider safety.
- Effective visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely.
- Fully compatible with all neck braces.
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings.
- Titanium ‘D’ rings and chin strap rivets.
- Exceeds ECE and DOT standards.
- Weight: +/- 1,310 grams.
- 3-year limited warranty.
||20 7/8 - 21 1/4
||21 5/8 - 22
||22 1/2 - 22 3/4
||22 3/4 - 23 1/4
Your helmet should fit snug and securely around the entire circumference of your head. Cheek padsshould befirm against your cheek bones and offer support from the helmet moving laterally.
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items