Garmin VIRB Elite HD Video Camera
The Garmin VIRB Elite HD Video Camera is the latest in adventure-capturing technology. Don't want to miss a moment of that stellar run? Want to make sure you have proof that you went the distance? The VIRB Elite records true HD 1080p video so you can relive every minute of your latest adventure in full, high-contrast, undistorted detail! The VIRB Elite picks up where the standard VIRB HD leaves off, adding high-sensitivity GPS, accelerometer, and barometric altimeter functionality.
High Definition Recording
The VIRB Elite allows for adjustment of resolution and filming speed so you can fine tune your video capture settings to cover everything from fast motion to dramatic slow motion effects at 120fps. All the action is captured through Garmin's WideVu lens and processed through a high quality 16 megapixel CMOS sensor, so everything looks great before you even get around to editing your footage. Record video, take photos, or even do both at the same time!
1.4" Chroma Display
The built-in 1.4" full color chroma display allows you to preview and playback video as well as control menu settings for at truly user friendly experience. With the ability to check your shot before you go for it, the VIRB Elite's display makes it easy to get predictable footage on the first try.
The VIRB Elite features a class-leading 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery that lasts for up to three hours of recording video at 1080p (30fps). Charging is simple with a standard USB cable. Plug the VIRB Elite into your computer or a USB adapter in a wall socket and sit back and start planning your next journey.
GPS and Wi-Fi
VIRB Elite has high-sensitivity GPS for data stamping and GPS-based “smart” recording profiles such as Skiing Mode, which automatically records your downhill runs and stops recording while you’re getting hot cocoa or waiting in the lift line. It's also equipped with Wi-Fi for wireless communication to your smartphone or computer. So you can see the image preview, adjust camera settings, and record and stop the camera or remotely snap still photos, even while the camera is filming.
ANT+ and External Sensors
VIRB uses ANT+™ wireless connectivity so you can use a compatible Garmin device, such as fēnix, Oregon and Edge, as remote controls. And because it has Wi-Fi, you can stop and start recording or take still images wirelessly with your smart phone or compatible Garmin device so you don’t have to take your hands off the handlebars or remove the camera from the mount for that perfect shot.
ANT+ also works with Garmin external sensors. Pair VIRB Elite with Garmin's tempe (wireless temperature sensor), speed/cadence bike sensor or premium heart rate monitor to include revealing information in your videos. Show how fast your heart was racing on your last bike race or while peering over the edge of the Grand Canyon. VIRB Elite also has a built-in accelerometer and altimeter for data stamping and custom filming profiles.
Ease of Use
The VIRB Elite was engineered for easy operation and features a large, instant record slider switch on the side of the camera. No more fiddling with a blocky camera trying to make sure the video is rolling, the slide and click of the switch makes it easy to know when you're recording. For even more control, the VIRB Elite can be controlled wireless by compatible Garmin devices (sold seperately), such as the VIRB Elite Remote Control, so you don't have to take your hands off the handlebars to take pictures or start and stop recording.
VIRB Elite Edit editing software is available for free through Garmin's website, making it simple to edit all of your footage into the latest online hit. VIRB Elite Edit can also take advantage of Garmin inter-compatibility, automatically matching video and your Edge bicycle computer data to add speed and cadence information to your cycling video.
Powerful, easy-to-use, and well-designed, the Garmin VIRB Elite represents the latest in action camera technology. Whether you want a camera to keep track of your normal ride routine, give yourself some backup proof when commuting in heavy traffic, prove how big you can go, or plan to put together the latest and greatest extreme sports masterpiece, the Garmin VIRB Elite is a great tool to send you on your way.
- 1080p HD video recording with 16 megapixel CMOS image processor
- 1.4" Chroma™ display
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (record up to 3 hours at 1080p)
- High-sensitivity GPS, accelerometer, and barometric altimeter
- Rugged, durable and water resistant (IPX7) with an aerodynamic design
- Digital Image Stabilization
- Takes still photos in single shot, photo burst, or time lapse settings too!
What's in the box?
- VIRB Elite action camera
- Lithium-ion battery
- Short link and right angle link
- Adapter to popular industry mounts
- Flat surface mount and curved surface mount
- Removable flange base
- Threaded collar
- Knobs (3)
- USB cable
- Unit size (HxWxD): 32 mm x 53 mm x 111 mm
- Display size: 1.4" (205 x 148)
- Unit weight:
- Without battery and battery door: 4.40 oz
- Without battery: 4.79 oz
- With battery: 6.26 oz
- With battery and cradle: 7.16 oz
- With battery, cradle and flat mount assembly: 8.31 oz
- Image sensor: 16 MP, 1/2.3" CMOS
- File Type: .mp4
- 1080p HD video: 1920 × 1080; 30 fps
- 960p HD video: 1280 × 960; 30,60 fps 48fps
- 720p HD video: 1280 × 720; 30,60 fps
- WVGA (slow motion): 854 848 × 480; 120,60 fps just 120
- Still photo resolution: 16 MP (4664*3496); 12 MP (4664*2632); 8 MP (3264*2448)
- Photo burst: 6/s 3/s@16, 5/s@12 or 10/s@8
- Photo time lapse (seconds): 0.5,1,2,5,10,30,60
- Internal microphone: Yes
- External microphone: Optional USB to 3.5 mm stereo mic adapter
- Bluetooth®: No
- ANT+™ compatible: Yes (remote & sensors)
- Interface: USB 2.0
- HDMI output: micro HDMI
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 bgn
- GPS: Yes
- Temperature range: -15° to 60° C
- Memory: microSD™ card (up to 64 GB); card not included
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Altimeter: Yes
- Water resistant: IPX7 (1 m/30 min)
- Image stabilization: Yes (digital)
- Lens distortion correction: Yes
- Battery type: Removable Li-ion
- Battery capacity: 2000 mAh
- Battery life: 1080p (30 fps); up to 3 hrs