Niner WFO 9 Frame
The WFO 9 boldly goes where no 29er has gone before. This All-Mountain masher is ready to shed some light on what 29” wheels can do with 5.5” of travel. The progressive “confidence inspiring” geometry provides slack enough angles to get you comfortably down steep and rocky terrain, yet not so slack that you’d find it hard cornering tight turns or having to climb. The WFO was constructed with hydroformed tubing which allows for careful shaping and control or wall thickness, optimizing strength and stiffness in key areas. These hydroformed tubes paired with the tapered headtube and 12x142mm rear axle ensure the WFO remains stiff and strong from head to toe.
The WFO will not handle like any other long-travel bike you’ve ridden before. The 29” wheel platform provides a lower rolling resistance and the ability to get down the most rutted sections with ease while the tapered headtube reduced fork deflection, keeping your line straight and true. The long-travel and big wheels will eat up just about anything that gets in your way of having a good time. You’ll find yourself getting down some seriously sketchy sections quicker and easier than before.
The WFO 9 features Niner’s patented CVA suspension. This is the only suspension created for the sole purpose to be used on 29” bikes. In other words, they did not modify suspension that was created for a 26” wheel. The CVA suspension was created with the goal of efficiency. Due to the location of the lower pivot bolt, chain torque effectively isolates and cancels out the forces acting to create inefficiency in pedal stroke. The rider will be able to use all three chainrings. CVA has excellent small bump compliance, to ensure that your ride is smooth as well as fast.
"I found myself carrying unprecedented speed through sections of trail that I know well. More impressive, cornering grip in the loose, sandy turns was very predictable. By the end of my first ride out , I was carrying more speed on almost every part of what is a very challenging trail than any other bike I’ve taken down it to date. To say I was impressed is an understatement."
- Toni W., SickLines.com. Read Toni's full review over at SickLines.com.
Niner WFO 9 Frame Features
- 140mm of patented CVA suspension is controlled and sensitive
- Compatible with 140-160mm forks
- Tapered headtube technology
- Hydroformed tube construction
- RockShox Monarch Plus rear shock
- Coil or piggyback shock compatible
- ISCG 03 (ISCG old) compatible
Niner WFO 9 Frame Specifications
- 73mm English threaded BB width
- "D" mount direct high mount front derailleur, bottom pull
- 30.9mm seatpost size
- 34.9mm seat collar size (included)
- 142 x 12mm Maxle rear spacing
- TT cable guides for dropper posts
- Can fit up to a 2.5" tire (tire size varies by brand, some tires may not fit)
- Small, Medium, Large and XL have one inner triangle bottle mount
- 1.125" - 1.5" tapered head tube, 44mm upper 56mm lower (headset NOT included)
- Shock size: 7.875" x 2.25" (200mm x 57mm) - 5.5" (140mm) travel
- Shock mounting hardware width and drilling: 21.86mm x M6
- Shock SAG: 25% (which will move the o-ring 14.5mm down the shaft)
- Enduro Max sealed bearings - (6) 28 x 15 x 7mm, (2) 24 x 12 x 6mm
- SRAM recommended 2x chainring configs: 26/39T or lower
- SRAM XX1 recommended max chainring: 36T, Q-Factor: 168mm
- Shimano XT recommended 2x chainrings: 28/40T or lower
- Shimano XTR recommended 2x chainrings: 26/38T. Niner does not recommend the use of 40T (48.8mm chainline) cranks because the large chainring may contact the frame
- Claimed weight: Large - 8lbs 10oz, X Large - 8lbs 15oz
|Seat Tube Length
|Effective Top Tube Length (140)
|Effective Top Tube Length (160)
|Head Tube Length
|Seat Angle (140)
|Seat Angle (160)
|Head Angle (140)
|Head Angle (160)
|Chain Stay Length
|BB Drop (140)
|BB Drop (160)
|Standover Height (140)
|Standover Height (160)
||5'3" - 5'9"
|5'8" - 6'0"
|5'11" - 6'3"
|6'3" - 6'7"
Note: Geometry measurements are given for 140mm and 160mm travel fork options.
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items
Due to manufacturer restrictions, this product cannot be shipped to the following locations:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States, Puerto Rico