OneUp SRAM Direct Mount Oval Chainring
Narrow-wide chainrings are a game changer for single-ring drivetrains. Featuring built-in chain retention technology, the OneUp Narrow Wide Chainring allows you to run a 1x drivetrain without using a chainguide! The trick is the tooth profile consisting of alternating fat/skinny teeth to fit more closely into the narrow and wide plate spacing of a normal chain, "grabbing" the chain and holding it more securely.
This model of the OneUp chainring is compatible with SRAM Direct Mount cranks and features a 12% ovality with a 115 degree clocking from the crank arm to put the major axis of the oval in your power stroke. This efficiently utilizes the strongest muscle groups to increase positive work, while picking up the slack in the weaker zones to reduce the negative work, smoothening out the rotation to a perfect spin.
Vital MTB - "The OneUp Traction Ring one of the simplest, most affordable, yet still impactful, upgrades you can make to your ride."
OneUp SRAM Direct Mount Oval Chainring FEATURES :
- Provides more traction by smoothing out the torque delivered to the rear tire
- 12% ovality (32T is equal to a 30T-34T range)
- 115 degree clocking from crank arm puts the major axis in your power stroke
- Narrow Wide tooth profile eliminates chain drop with the perfect chain mesh fit
- Perfect chainline 49mm (corrected from stock 50.4mm) for a quieter drivetrain with improved chain wear and best drop performance
- Aggressive crud chamfers for awesome mud shedding performance and extended ring life
- Reinforced Wide tooth design provides maximum ring durability when run without a bash
- Made from 6mm hard wearing 7075-T6 aluminum plate
- 0 blade design optimized for maximum stiffness
OneUp SRAM Direct Mount Oval Chainring SPECIFICATIONS:
- Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Chainline: 49mm
- Compatible with: SRAM 10/11-speed GXP and Long spindle BB30 cranks with removable spider. Long spindle BB30 models include X0/X9 Cranks with 38/24, 36/22 and 34/22 ring combos
- Color: Black
- Weight: 60g (32T)
Great looking ring, fits in nice with the look of my bike. I find Sram rings ugly. After a year or so you may notice a "grinding" sensation in your cranks. It might be this ring, which means it's worn out. It can come on suddenly. For me, it happened a few days after a big race. I thought I must have gotten some dirt in my cranks or bottom bracket on race day, so I took all those apart and cleaned them up. Still was grinding. I replaced the chainring and the problem immediately went away. The second time it happened was after a service of my derailleur for poor shifting. I thought the mechanic messed with the chainline or something - but no, just this ring was worn out. Buy if you don't mind swapping for a new ring every 1000kms or so.
My only word of warning is to double-check your chainline. Works fine on my riot with an extra spacer on the drivetrain side, but without the spacer it hits the frame.
9 months ago
5 months ago
8 months ago
3 months ago
10 months ago
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items