Race Face Aeffect 27.5" Wheelset
The Race Face Aeffect 27.5" Wheelset is built for the trail and cross-country rider that demands a reliable yet lightweight set of wheels. The Aeffect, at only 1820 grams for the set, fits those needs nicely. Stainless steel straight pull spokes are laced to the 27.3mm wide rim in a 3 cross pattern and secured using durable brass nipples. The hub rolls on cartridge bearings that are sealed to keep the grime out and the set of wheel in service for many miles to come. The set is available with SRAM XD Drivers and Shimano HG 8/9/10 speed freehub bodies.
- Intended Use: XC/Trail
- RIM: Clincher, 28h, Tubeless compatible, ERTRO 622x22.5, Alloy, Disc brake only, Presta valve drilled
- RIM DIMENSIONS: Height - 20.5mm, External Width-27.3mm, Internal Width-23mm
- FRONT HUB: 15x100mm, 28h Straight pull , Cartridge bearing, 6 bolt Disc
- Front and rear QR caps for 9x100mm and 9x135mm included (Please note: QR adaptor cap marked XD is compatible with the HG hub body). Minor assembly required to convert to quick release (requires 12mm hex key and 17mm open end wrench).
- REAR HUB:12x142mm, 11/12 speed SRAM XD driver, 28h Straight pull, Cartridge bearing, 6 bolt Disc
- SPOKES: Black stainless steel bladed spoke, w/3 cross lacing, Silver brass nipples
- Weight: Wheelset - 1820 grams
- Supplied with SRAM and Shimano Freehub bodies.
- Rim strips for tubed use are pre-installed. (tubeless tape and valves are not included and are required for tubeless use.)
PROS: Easy To Install, Lightweight, Durable, Attractive Design
CONS: Limited Compatibility
BEST USES: Upgrade, Mountain Biking
PROS: Tubeless Ready, Lightweight
If looking for a upgrade from OEM wheels I would say pass on these and save a little more money to get yourself a custom built wheelset in the 500 - 600 price range. Moral of the story, you get what you pay for.
1 month ago
7 months ago
Super excited to have cartrige bearings. My bike came with cheapo hubs with ball bearings that were a pain to service.
FYI there are a lot of questions about this, it comes with BOTH Shimano and SRAM drivers.
2 months ago
8 months ago
leaking from spokes nipple...
Q & A
Just got a Yeti 575 from Jenson and it came with those wheels. Do I need to add or switch the tape inside to make them tubeless ?
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items
Azonic Outlaw 27.5" DH Wheelset A well-trusted and popular choice for a dependable set of hoops. Unlike your In-laws showing up uninvited for Easter dinner, Azonic Outlaw wheels will keep things rolling smooth. Sealed cartridge bearing hubs, double wall construction, ...
ENVE M60 Forty High Volume 27.5" Wheelset Aggressive Uphill and Downhill Performance Each model in the Enve M series is designed with a specific rider in mind, and classifies riders by the style of riding they most identify with by ...
MAVIC CROSSRIDE LIGHT 27.5� WHEELSET Dominate the trails with Mavic's Lightweight Crossride Wheelset. The new, wider and lighter rim is the perfect complement to today's higher volume MTB tires. The double butted spokes reduce weight without sacrificing strength. Mavic Crossride ...