Continental Mountain King II 27.5 Protection Tire
The Mountain King II is now in its second reign, strengthening its rule over the trail bike scene. The shoulder lugs have been beefed up, creating more space between the center and side lugs to shed mud for better grip, especially when flying into a turn. The Mountain King II provides plenty of traction for various terrains from muddy to loose over hard packed, and can be run on the front, rear, or both. This version of the Mountain King II features Continental’s ProTection-RTR casing which increases sidewall protection while also providing a UST compatible Revolution Tubeless Ready bead. The Mountain King II has once again claimed its throne as a serious all-condition tire!
This version of the Mountain King II features Continental's famous Black Chili compound. Black Chili compound hit the market in 2007, and has been a hit with cyclists ever since, as it has proven to take tire performance to the next level, in all areas. The BlackChili compound lasts longer, grips better, and rolls faster. It has 26% less rolling resistance, 30% higher grip, and even 5% longer mileage. The Black Chili Compound is only made in Korbach Germany, and the recipe is not shared with any other tire manufacturer.
The Revolution Tubeless Ready system provides the perfect combination of smooth running, grip, and puncture protection. ProTection RTR features 4 ply heavy duty nylon (4 under tread, 3 in the sidewall.) The Revolution Tubeless Ready (RTR) system offers a UST style bead, and mid-weight casing for full tubeless compatibility. For optimal results, Continental recommends using the Continental RevoSealant with these tires.
Note: If Stan's was previously used, both the tire and rim must be scrubbed using Simple Green or a similar cleaner, before Continental Revo Sealant can be used.
- Handmade in Korbach, Germany
- BlackChili Compound
- Handmade in Germany
- BlackChili Compound
- ProTection-RTR Tubeless Ready Sidewall Protection
- The tire for Trail riders, Cross Country racers, Alpine tourists and Marathon riders
- Good grip in the wet and good wear resistance
- Superb braking traction and optimum cornering are guaranteed in all types of conditions
- Tread lug arrangement was developed in collaboration with professional mountain bikers, resulting in an easy-rolling, yet exceptionally versatile trail tire
- Aggressive tread design gives outstanding grip and traction under braking
- Versatile profile design suitable for every terrain
- Self cleaning open tread design
- Exceptionally low rolling resistance due to BlackChili compound
- Continental ProTection casing, Revolution Tubeless Ready
- 4/240 TPI
- Wheel Size: 27.5” (650B)
- Recommended PSI: 50-65
- Folding Bead
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items