Shimano SH-M200 SPD Shoes
The Shimano SH-M200 SPD Shoes are a unique blend of key features taken from both XC and Trail shoe styles. The SH-M200 combines the light weight and pedaling effectiveness of a traditional XC racing shoe with the durability, grip, and protection required of an aggressive trail shoe. This combination of light weight and protection makes the Shimano SH-M200 perfect for the dedicated Enduro racer and all-mountain trail riders with a need for speed. The Shimano SH-M200 is a true "best-of-both-worlds" package that is sure to please any cyclist looking for a mountain bike shoe with a focus on versatility.
Shimano SH-M200 SPD Shoes Features:
- 762g (Size 40)
- Aggressive trail/enduro shoe design
- Dual-density extra-cushion insole stabilizes pedaling movment and enhances shock absorbing cushioning
- Shimano's Volume+ last, provides a more accomodating toe box
- Best matched with PD-M9020 Pedals
- Reinforced low profile amour provides great protection, excellent durability
- Asymmetrical collar design for ankle protection
- Multi-layered moisture control mesh toe vents
- Speed lacing system adapts to wide range of foot shapes with a secure fit
- Super low-profile micro-adjust buckle securely holds foot
- "TORBAL" Torsional midsole allows natural rider "flow" motion during downhill
- "TORBAL" Balanced carbon reinforced midsole for optimal pedaling rigidity
- Expanded SPD cleat adjustment range to accommodate race or trail minded riding styles
- Variable-density, rubber outsole
- Stiff rubber pedal contact blocks optimizes stability and pedaling effectiveness
- High-traction rubber on the outer edge lugs and high durability rubber heel and pedal contact arch area
I originally bought a pair of size 44 for my size 10 feet but they ended up being too narrow (the length was fine). My feet aren't super wide but they're a little wide and the 44s weren't roomy enough in the toe box for my feet. I exchanged them for a 45 and the fit is wonderful. I have wiggle room in the toe box, the width is there, and the midfoot and heel fit like they should.
I love the soft rubber bottoms on these. they are very walkable and where I have my cleats positioned, they don't strike the ground on smooth surfaces. The construction is very robust, I love the armored toe. The speed laces and ratchet strap are also well designed. I wear my shoes pretty loose because tight shoes tend to screw my feet up. Even with the shoes on the loose side, I don't notice any heel lift and my foot isn't sliding around at all in the shoe. The padded ankle bone area is nice because occasionally I'll whack my ankle on my frame during aggressive riding.
The only possible negative I can see with these shoes is that they may be hot in the mid summer with the sun baking down on the black color. Where I live, the sun is very intense and it can turn your shoes into ovens. I'd kind of like a light colored option to prevent that. I can say that the ventilation in the toe is functional and I do notice cooling air coming into the shoe at higher speeds.
I hope these last a long time because I have a hard time finding bike shoes that my feet like. I'm considering buying another pair as a spare.
PROS: Comfortable, Durable
PROS: Light weight, Ridgid
CONS: Could Use Half Sizing
I have a narrow foot and these fit great. I think they come in a wide as well. I like the tie system, but trying to find the sweet spot without cutting the circulation off.
I also have high arches so a custom footbed would help.
The rubber bottoms are great for hiking across those loose and rocky sections.
PROS: Comfortable, Stylish
9 months ago
adjustable cleat position, i like to have my cleat further back and this shoe allows that.I wanted a new school shoe that still performed like a bike shoe and not a pair of trainers. Tried the 510 kestrels and new specialized cliplite 2fo but returned them for these.
PROS: Stylish, Durable, Comfortable
1 year ago
10 months ago
PROS: Stylish, Comfortable
The shoes shimano SH M200 is beautiful, comfortable and sturdy.
8 months ago
PROS: Easy to use, Looks Durable, Stylish
CONS: Sizing is wrong, Slips Out On The Heel Sid
BEST USES: Enduro, Mtbiking
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items