The No Tubes Tubless System Tire Sealant will convert your standard tube/tire to a tubeless tire! Consult www.Notubes.com to see which tires are suggested for use with the system and advice on your specific rim.
- All Mountain 29er fits most 29" rim widths of 25-28mm
- Cross Country 29er fits most 29" rim widths of 21.5-25mm
- Downhill fits most 24" and 26" rim widths of 36-39mm
- Enduro fits most 26" rim widths of 25-28mm and 29" rim widths of 24-26mm
- Freeride fits most 24" and 26" rim widths of 27-34mm
- Standard fits most 24" and 26" rim widths of 21-24mm
PROS: Good For Small Leaks
CONS: High maintenance
My bike feels a lot lighter NO MORE TIRE STRIPS, SLIME TUBE with thick walls.
PROS: No more flats, Easy to use and setup, Seals Holes Instantly
BEST USES: Moutain Biking, Its Good All Around, Road bikes, Street Bikes
The thing I couldn't wrap my mind around with tubeless tires is what to do *when* (not *if*) they go flat out on the trail. Trying to install a spare tube in a tubeless tire that's probably bristling with thorns seemed like an unlikely workaround.
Then a friend and tubeless convert enlightened me. The reason a tubeless tire eventually goes flat is because it has run out of sealant. Assuming the tire isn't completely worn out, all you need to do is add more sealant. You don't need a spare tube - you need a small bottle of sealant. If your tire goes flat, simply unhook a small portion of one bead, pour a couple of ounces of sealant, rehook the bead, and pump the tire back up.
That convinced me, and I bought my first Stan's Notubes conversion kit along with a pair of UST tires. The system workes very well with a couple of caveats:
1) The tires need to be compatible with the sealant, which smells like it contains ammonia. I discovered that Kenda Nevegal UST tires were NOT compatible with the sealant, and eventually blistered and completely failed rather spectacularly on the roof rack of my car at the end of a ride. I switched to Panaracer Fire XC Pro UST, and have never had a problem with the sealant breaking the tire down. I have run four pair completely bald on two different bikes. I heard Kenda was going to offer tires that were compatible with the sealant, so I may revisit them since I really like the Nevegal pattern.
2) If you use a Silka brand brass air chuck to inflate your tires, realize it can put a lot of stress on the valve stem when you remove it. I pulled a valve stem right out of a Stan's Notubes rim strip when I removed the chuck after inflating a tire. On a related note, make sure you follow the installation structions and round the edge of the valve stem hole in the rim.
PROS: Reusable, Easy to install
CONS: See Comments
PROS: Strips With Valve, Sealant
9 months ago
over 2 years ago
PROS: Easy to use, Reliable
PROS: Easy to use
If you have goatheads in youre area that takes out your tubes every ride than you need this.
PROS: Use Any Rim
PROS: Easy to use, Doesn't Leak, Tubeless is great
PROS: Great Sealant
BEST USES: Mountain Biking, Commuting/City
PROS: It works
PROS: Quick Conversion
PROS: Lightweight, Durable, Easy To Install
BEST USES: Mountain Biking, All Mountain, XC
PROS: Good Instructions, Well Built, Lightweight
BEST USES: Road Biking, Mountain Biking
No more pinch flats. Loads more grip.
PROS: Easy To Setup, Clear Instructions, Reliable
BEST USES: Mountain Biking, Cyclocross
PROS: Lightweight, Simple to use
PROS: Puncture Resistant, Lightweight, Easy to Install
PROS: less weight, Flat resistant
CONS: Labor intensive
PROS: Works on Giant rims
PROS: Puncture Resistant
BEST USES: Mountain Biking, BMX, Upgrade, Casual Riding, Road Biking, Racing
PROS: No Tubes To Hassle With, Lasts long, Easy To Install
CONS: Can Be Messy Initially, Preventitive Maintenance
PROS: Lightweight, Well Built, No Noticeable Burping
PROS: Works Just Like They Say
11 months ago
Used this with Mavic 317 rims and Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires - needed a shot of CO2 to get them to mount. Took longer than the directions said to seal, but if you repeat the bounce/lay on the side part - they will eventually seal and hold. I ride in North Texas - lots of Mesquite thorns and prickly pear cactus - no flats since installing - on my 2nd to last tubed ride I had 2 thorns in the rear tire...
Have since switched to Maxxis Ikon TR tires on same rims and loving it.
Get this! You NEED it!
PROS: Works As Advertised
CONS: None Yet
Tip: Buy tubeless-ready tires and save the headache, most folding tire will work as well. Jensonusa has the lowest price...trust me I'm a bargain hunter for the last 10 years or so.
PROS: Stays True
CONS: Can Be Messy Initially
BEST USES: Mountain Biking, Extreme Sports
8 months ago
9 months ago
PROS: Everything You Need, Easy Setup
CONS: Injector Sold Separately
BEST USES: Road Biking, Mountain Biking, Extreme Sports, Commuting/City
PROS: Fast and easy to do
PROS: Lighter, Nice feel
Stan's is the only reason it's possible to ride in India or other thorny places. Nothing else comes even close
PROS: No flats, Excellent
CONS: Install can be fustrating, Must carry extra fluid
BEST USES: no flats, Thorn protection
PROS: Works well, Simple to use
CONS: Tricky to inflate
It actually works great for me.
I could improve my ride lowering air pressure with this kit.
It's cost is expensive against parts but still cheaper than UST tubeless wheel and tires.
PROS: Ride Great With No Tubes
CONS: Needs Truing
BEST USES: Commuting/City, Mountain Biking, Road Biking, Extreme Sports
PROS: Good support, Ease of Install
PROS: Well Built
CONS: Needs Truing
BEST USES: Extreme Sports, Mountain Biking
Q & A
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free 1-day California shipping with your $50 purchase today, on most orders. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in California(no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items