Jamis Exile Comp Mountain Bike 2013
The Jamis Exile Comp has been a huge hit with Jamis for the past few years due to its superior build quality, component selection, and spot- on geometry. The 2012 Jamis Exile Comp was completely over hauled. The newly re-designed frame is comprised of Kinesis 7005 double butted main tubes, and features a tapered head tube, box shaped/ S- bend down tube, and ribbed top tube with integrated seat mast beam to support the extra long 400mm seat posts that every Exile is equipped with.
Jamis has gotten the Exile’s geometry down to a science. The 72 degree head angle ensures you're comfortable on the down hills and able to climb like a young Billy Goat up the hills. With the flickability of a 26” bike, and all of the benefits of a 29”er, the Jamis Exile Race is a great cross country trail bike for the trails in your back yard and yonder.
- Exile Comp's mainframe is made from Kinesis double-butted 7005 tubing and
features a tapered head tube for stiffness and steering precision & S-shaped
down tube for increased frontal strength (the down tube bend creates
clearance for the fork crown). The sloping curved top tube provides extra
clearance and lowers stand-over height.
- With the maximum bending load at the front of a bike being found at the
crown, a 1 1/8"-1.5" tapered head tube strengthens and stiffens the frame,
while helping to reduce weight at the same time.
- Rock Shox's XC30 TK 29 offers 100mm of travel, 30mm stanchions, aluminum
crown, lockout and external rebound controls - all usable and functional "onthe-fly" adjustments that can be felt by the rider.
- Alex DP20 rims feature a double-wall pinned joint construction with stainless single eyelets improving seating of the nipple head and strengthening the rim bed for a better built wheel.
- Formula Hi-Lo hubs feature a larger flange on the rotor mount side to increase wheel strength, machined cut-outs to reduce weight and sealed bearings to ensure durability.
- The Geax AKA is a versatile tire for all types of terrain with lower profile knobs in the center for low rolling resistance and side knobs directly derived from their aggressive Gato tire for grip.
- A 27-speed drivetrain with Shimano Rapid-Fire Plus shifters & HyperDrive SG-X chainrings assures precise and consistent shifts ride after ride.
- Shimano's splined Octalink bband crank interface offers much greater strength & rigidity than standard square taper designs, thanks to the increase in contact area between bbspindle & crank arm.
- Tektro Draco 2 hydraulic brakes feature ergonomic 2-finger length levers with reach adjust for better fit and feel.
- The Exile Comp's cockpit includes a 31.8 over-sized stem and wide flat bar for stiffer, more solid steering & handling and a 31.6mm seat post for a firmer
- Jamis grips feature a dual compound including gel in the palm area for comfort.
- The Jamis ATB Comp saddle features a long, narrow shell that offers multiple, efficient pedaling positions with a full length pressure relief channel for a more comfortable platform and strong-but-light chromoly rails.
||Kinesis 7005 double-butted aluminum main tubes,1.5 - 1 1/8" tapered head tube, crown-clearing S-curved oversized down tube, low-standover sloping top tube, replaceable derailleur hanger
||RockShox XC30 TK 29, coil spring with external preload & rebound, TurnKey lockout, 30mm stanchions, aluminum steerer, 100mm travel
||FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero-Stack internal cup, for tapered head tube, 30mm shim stack
||Alex DP20 29” rims, 32H, Formula Hi-lo flange sealed bearing 6-bolt disc hubs, 14g stainless steel spokes
||Geax AKA, 29 x 2.2”
||Tektro Draco 2 hydraulic disc brakes, 180/160mm rotors
||Shimano Alivio 9-speed
||Shimano Acera, 34.9mm dual pull
||Shimano Alivio, long cage
||SRAM PG-950, 9-speed, 11-34
||Shimano Alivio, Octalink, 44/32/22
||Jamis Flat Top, 31.8 x 9° x 700mm
||Jamis XC alloy threadless
||Jamis ATB Comp with pressure relief channel
||Jamis OS alloy micro-adjust, 31.6 x 400mm, with alloy QR clamp
Note: Components are subject to change without notice.
|Top Tube Length
|Seat Tube Length
|Head Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle
|Seat Tube Angle
Note: All measurements are given in millimeters unless otherwise noted.
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items
Due to manufacturer restrictions, this product cannot be shipped to the following locations: