The visually stunning lines and sculpted tubeset of the SB-66 will capture your attention like love-at-first-sight. As you move in closer for a better look you’ll begin to notice this isn’t just another single pivot trail bike but an innovative suspension design called Switch Technology. The oversized main pivot actually contains a second pivot (lower pivot of the swing arm) that is offset within the main. This eccentric mechanism switches direction as the bike moves through its travel creating an optimized wheel path without unexpected spikes or wallows.
At the beginning of the travel the eccentric link is rotating in a rearward direction, guiding the lower pivot of the swing arm rearward. This counter-clockwise motion coupled with the initial rearward wheel path creates an excellent pedaling platform, making the SB-66 pedal and climb crisply without sacrificing small bump sensitivity. The mid stroke has a flat linear shape, creating a large “sweet spot”, allowing the suspension to react better to bigger hits. Once the travel reaches about 100mm, the eccentric link starts to rotate in the forward direction. This means the rate at which the chain stay grows drops off quickly, allowing the suspension to work independently of chain forces. Because the suspension isn’t being impeded by chain growth in the last third of the travel, the smooth feel in the middle continues all the way to full compression without a harsh bottom out feeling.
Every detail on the SB-66 screams, “Ride me!” From the Kashima coated Fox suspension to the unibody frame construction. Even small details like an externally splined bb shell, tapered headtube and Enduro Max bearings make the difference. The components have been carefully selected to work in conjunction with the frame, providing an unparalleled ride experience no matter where the trail takes you.
Please Note: Complete bike image for illustration purposes only, actual components listed below.
- Switch Technology (patent pending) – An optimized dual-link design that has been tuned to provide a great pedaling platform and still maintain its composure on the toughest descents.
- Fully sealed eccentric system
- Oversized Pivot pins with Enduro Max bearings
- Externally splined BB shell
- Tapered Inset head tube(44mm/56mm)
- Post mount rear disc brake tab, 160mm
- Custom chain slap guards
- Cable stops for height adjustable seatpost
- Aluminum alloy frame w/ unibody construction
- Fox RP23 rear shock w/ Kashima coating
- Fox 32 F150 RLC w/ kashima coat
- Efficient pedaling, Responsive mid-stroke and continuous travel
- SRAM X0 rear derailleur
- SRAM X9 shifters and double crankset
- SRAM X7 direct mount front derailleur
- SRAM PG-1050 10 speed cassette and SRAM PC-1051 chain
- AVID Elixir Carbon disc brakes
- Cane Creek Forty headset
- Easton EC70 carbon handlebar w/ Yeti Lock On grips
- Thomson X4 stem
- WTB rocket V saddle
- DT Swiss X1600 wheelset, QR15 front 12x142 rear w/ Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires
|| 53" - 57"
||57" - 511"
||511" - 63"
||63" - 66"
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items
Due to manufacturer restrictions, this product cannot be shipped to the following locations:
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Congo, The Democratic Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- Hong Kong
- Korea, Republic of
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Netherlands Antilles
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Tanzania, United Republic Of
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- Virgin Islands, British
- Wallis and Futuna