Diamond Back went all out in creating the top of the line Diamondback Podium 7 Dura-Ace Road Bike. The Diamondback Podium 7 features a sub 900 gram frame and tapered full carbon fork that was created using the latest 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to design and build a lightweight, stiff and responsive frame suitable for the top racers and the weekend warriors.
The key to the weight and strength of the Diamondback Podium 7 frame lies in the properties of the carbon build process. The Advanced Monocoque Molding Process ensures that each area of the frame has the correct amount of carbon. In a nutshell, more carbon is used where it is needed and less where it isn’t. This keeps the weight down and the strength high. The process of the carbon construction is carefully controlled. The carbon plies are hand laid around a polystyrene pre-form core, using a plastic bladder in the shape of the product. Keeping a precise mold is a key objective in the carbon process and Diamond Back engineers take great care in ensuring a precise fit. Silicon mandrel shells are also used to reinforce critical joint areas so as to create smoother overlapping fibers.
Diamond Back chooses to use Mitsubishi Rayon MR60 and HR40 carbon and the popular Toray T700 fibers. These fibers are incredibly difficult to work with, but because of their stiffness, the Podium can be made with very thin wall thicknesses. These fibers are bonded to together with Diamond Back’s Optimum Resin Compound(ORC). Using too much resin makes a frame heavy and sluggish and using too little can result in separation and failure. OCR ensures the best ratio of resin to carbon combination and that creates a strong bonding process and an incredibly impact resistant carbon material. Diamond Back keeps quality control very high by manufacturing all their carbon fiber sheets in house unlike many competitors that buy pre-impregnated sheets.
All of this advanced construction wouldn’t mean much if it was not mated to a component package that could complement the frame and fork. Shimano Dura Ace outfits the Diamondback Podium 7 and provides lightning quick and sharp shifting. The Diamondback Podium 7 rolls on Easton EC90 SL carbon clinchers with ceramic hubs and Michelin PRO3 tires. Easton rounds out the components with their EC90SLX carbon handlebars, EC90 stem, and EC90 carbon post.
If you are ready to take on the best, you need to be on the best and the Podium 7 is just the bike to get you there!
- Frame: DBR AMMP SL Carbon Technology, Specific Modulus, Monocoque Competition Road Frame, internal cable routing, Carbon Drop outs, w/Taper headtube, Press-Fit 30 BB, Di2 Compatible
- Fork: DBR AMMP Carbon Competition Road Fork, Carbon Drop outs, w/Taper Carbon steerer tube, CFT Continuous Fiber Technology
- Headset: FSA No.42, Sealed ACB for Taper Headtube
- Cranks: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900, 53,39t
- Bottom Bracket:
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900, Braze on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10spd
- Shifter: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10spd
- Cogset (Casset/Freewheel): Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10spd (11-25t)
- Chain: Shimano HG CN7901
- Front Hub: Easton EC90SL, 18h, R4 SL Ceramic Cartridge
- Rear Hub: Easton EC90SL, 24h, R4 SL Ceramic Cartridge
- Spokes: SAPIM bladed black
- Rims: Easton EC90SL Clincher Carbon 18h frt / 24h rr
- Tires: Michelin Pro 3 700x23c
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900
- Brake Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10spd
- Handlebar: Easton EC90 SLX3, 31.8 Carbon
- Grips: DBR Race tape w/Gel
- Stem: Easton EA90 0 degree, 31.8
- Seat: DBR Competition Road with Carbon Rails
- Seat Post: Easton EC90, Carbon post 27.2mm
| Seat Tube Length
| Standover Height
| Head Tube Length
| Top Tube Length*
| Head Angle
| Seat Angle
| Wheel Base
| Stem Length
| Handlebar Width
Jenson USA is an authorized Diamondback retailer and this product is covered by Diamondback's warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. The warranty term varies by model. To see the full, printable warranty statement, please click here.
In the event of a warranty claim, the retailer (Jenson USA) will be your primary point of contact and will facilitate the claim on your behalf. Call us at (888) 880-3811 x149 or click "Email Us" from our Help Desk page and select "Warranty Claim" as the reason for the inquiry.
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items