The key to the low weight and high strength of the Podium 6 frame lies in the properties of the carbon build process. The Advanced Monocoque Molding Process ensures that each area of the frame has the correct amount of carbon. In a nutshell, more carbon is used where it is needed and less where it isn’t. This keeps the weight down and the strength high. The process of the carbon construction is carefully controlled. The carbon plies are hand laid around a polystyrene pre-form core, using a plastic bladder in the shape of the product. Keeping a precise mold is a key objective in the carbon process and Diamondback engineers take great care in ensuring a precise fit. Silicon mandrel shells are also used to reinforce critical joint areas so as to create smoother overlapping fibers. All of these methods allowed the Diamondback engineers to design and build a frame that weighs a mere 950 grams!
Diamondback chooses to use Mitsubishi Rayon MR60 and HR40 carbon and the popular Toray T700 fibers. These fibers are incredibly difficult to work with, but because of their stiffness, the Podium can be made with very thin wall thicknesses. These fibers are bonded to together with Diamondback’s Optimum Resin Compound(ORC). Using too much resin makes a frame heavy and sluggish and using too little can result in separation and failure. OCR ensures the best ratio of resin to carbon combination and that creates a strong bonding process and an incredibly impact resistant carbon material. Diamond Back keeps quality control very high by manufacturing all their carbon fiber sheets in house unlike many competitors that buy pre-impregnated sheets.
The manacing matte black on black paint scheme is the canvas that Diamondback layered their component choice on. Shimano Ultegra 6700 components are quickly closing the gap left by the top of the line Shimano Dura-Ace group. The Shimano Ultegra group may only give up grams to the more expensibe Dura-Ace. Full Shimano Ultegra rounds out the brakes, cassette, and dual control shifters. Well thought out departures from Shimano Ultegra are the FSA SLK-Light PF 30 crankset that feature hollow monocoque carbon fiber arms and aluminum spindle. Easton provides their EA 70 wheelset along with Easton EC70 carbon fiber handlebar, and Easton aluminum stem and seatpost.
Dressed up in all black, this Diamonback Podium 6 strikes a menacing pose. Luckily, it's not just another pretty face. This is one Diamondback that will take you to the top of the podium!
- Frame:DBR AMMP Carbon Technology, Specific Modulous, Monocoque Competition Road Frame, internal cable routing, Carbon Drop outs, w/Taper headtube, Press-Fit 30 BB, Di2 Compatible
- Fork: DBR AMMP Carbon Competition Road Fork, Carbon Drop outs, w/Taper Carbon steerer tube, CFT Contiunuous Fiber Technology
- Headset: FSA No.42 , Sealed ACB for Taper Headtube
- Cranks: FSA SLK-LIGHT PF30 53,39t
- Bottom Bracket: PRESS FIT 30
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra, Braze on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 10spd
- Shifter: Shimano Ultegra Dual Control 10spd
Cogset (Casset/Freewheel): Shimano CS-6700 Ultegra 10spd (11-25t)
- Chain: Shimano CN-5700 10spd
- Front Hub: Easton Aero, 20h, V1, Cartridge Bearing
- Rear Hub: Easton Aero 24h Alloy Cassette V1 Cartridge Bearing
- Spokes: Black, Stainless Steel Bladed
- Rims: Easton Aero 31mm 20h frt / 24h rr
- Tires: Michelin Pro 3 700x23c
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra dual pivot
- Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra Dual Control 10spd
- Handlebar: Easton EC70 Aero, 31.8 Carbon
- Grips: DBR Race tape w/Gel
- Stem: Easton EA70, +/-6 degree , 31.8
- Seat: DBR Competition Road with NiCro Rails
- Seat Post: Easton EA70, 27.2mm
| Seat Tube Length
| Standover Height
| Head Tube Length
| Top Tube Length*
| Head Angle
| Seat Angle
| Wheel Base
| Stem Length
| Handlebar Width
Jenson USA is an authorized Diamondback retailer and this product is covered by Diamondback's warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. The warranty term varies by model. To see the full, printable warranty statement, please click here.
In the event of a warranty claim, the retailer (Jenson USA) will be your primary point of contact and will facilitate the claim on your behalf. Call us at (888) 880-3811 x149 or click "Email Us" from our Help Desk page and select "Warranty Claim" as the reason for the inquiry.
Jenson USA ships worldwide, including APO/FPO addresses. For a quote, simply add the items you are interested in to your shopping cart and look for the "Shipping Options" box. You don't have to login or create an account to see shipping charges.
Some manufacturers restrict where we can ship their products. If this item has shipping restrictions, they are listed below. If you'd like to buy an item that we cannot ship to your preferred address, we can accept your foreign credit card and ship to a USA address for you.
Get free shipping with your $50 purchase today when you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Please note this offer is only available to physical shipping addresses in the 48 continental United States (no PO Boxes), and oversize charges still apply on some heavy/large items