To receive free shipping, just add items to your cart and choose Standard Shipping during checkout.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.
Note* This item was installed and returned.
Underpowered brakes lead to defensive riding technique and, ultimately, to slower lap times. Enter the new XTR Race brake, which encourages racers to attack technical downhill sections with confidence, leaving the competition squealing and squawking in the dust.
How? First off, they produce 110 percent of the power of their predecessors while shedding precious grams at the same time, so they’re as viable a race-bike pick as ever. Throw in ergonomically re-engineered lever pivots and XTR Race lays on that power with single-finger effort.
The key factor for racers is confidence—the confidence to win, and the confidence to lay off the brakes, knowing theyll be there when theyre needed, every time.
With ten percent more power than the previous XTR brake, the sleek new XTR Race lever has been ergonomically redesigned for a versatile fit on the handlebars, superior feel at the fingertips and unsurpassed function on the race course.
* 110% power rating
* Shorter, 13-millimeter brake lever with more efficient pivot location (1.5 finger)
* Integrated barrel reservoir design
* Hinge-clamp mounting bracket
* High-power hose for consistent performance
* Combine with i-spec bracket to reduce handlebar clutter
* Resin pad compound with alloy backing plate (standard)
When coupled with the XTR Race lever the new forged one-piece M985 caliper delivers a balance of light weight and power that resists performance-sapping heat better than ever before thanks to an industry-first full-ceramic piston.
* One piece forged post mount caliper
* Oversized ceramic piston (opposed 2-piston type)
* Aluminum banjo hose fitting
Approximately 220 grams for the rear (lever, caliper, and hose)
Uses Shimano Mineral Oil
Includes lever, caliper and hose
Post mount calipers