Diamondback Sortie Comp Bike 2013
Diamondback and Fox Shocks Score with the Sortie Comp
The Diamondback Sortie Comp trail bike eats up singletrack as well as it craves long descents making it an ideal trail bike for all day off road rides. Nimble enough for cross country rides, but with 5 inches of travel from the Rock Shox suspension front and rear, the Diamondback Sortie is stable enough to hit difficult terrain.
The 2013 Diamondback Sortie Comp frame is built from 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum with a hooded hydroformed top tube, formed down tube, 9mmx135mm vertical drop out and Knuckle Box Technology. Diamondback’s Knuckle Box is the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. The pivot points were carefully placed to give optimal pedaling efficiency while still giving small and large bump compliance. Weight is always the enemy on a frame, but the weight of the Knuckle Box sits very low. This positioning of the weight near the bottom bracket keeps the center of gravity low and that helps the handling of the bike.
Diamondback’s Knuckle Box and the Fox Float CTD with rebound adjust and the new “Climb”, “Trail”, and “Descend” lever that gives you the ultimate control of your suspension whether you are climbing cross country style singletrack or descending a rutted and rocky trail.
Up front, the Diamondback Sortie Comp is built around a 140mm Fox Float CTD Air with an external rebound knob, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions and magnesium lowers. The Diamondback Sortie Comp’s upgraded component choice over the Sortie ensures that the Sortie Comp continues to be a high performance machine. The Shimano Deore/XT drivetrain includes a Shimano FCM552 Dyna-Sys 10 speed crankset, Shimano Deore shifters and front derailleur. Stopping power comes from the Shimano M445 hydraulic disc brakes. An Easton EA50 stem and DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise bar comprise the cockpit while a WTB Vigo comp seat provides a style and comfort atop a Easton EA50 Double bolt clamp 31.6mm post for those all day spins.
Last but not least Diamondback finished off the Sortie Comp with a set of 32h SL-6 Doublewall Disc rims laced to alloy disc hubs and mounted with Kenda Slant 6 tires.
The Sortie is much more then just a cross country bike with more travel. Packaged smartly with Rock Shox suspension, Knuckle Box technology and bomb-proof wheels, this cross country / trail bike is ready for anything.
Diamondback full suspension mountain bikes are known for their Knuckle Box suspension design. The Knuckle Box, or Bell Crank, is Diamondback’s single- pivot four- bar suspension platform. The ideally placed pivots create a low leverage ratio which creates superior pedaling efficiency and small bump compliance. By placing the Knuckle Box low within the frame, the bulk of the weight is closer to the bottom bracket. This lowers the bike’s center of gravity which helps to improve tracking and cornering. The four bar suspension design further increases control over wheel- rate. Wheel rate is the effective spring rate when measured at the wheel. Diamondback worked closely with Fox Suspension to optimize the wheel rate to be linear to slightly progressive. This results in small bump compliance, more perceived travel, and bottom- out protection.
Since 1978, Diamondback has been at the forefront of innovative bicycle design. Diamondback produces bicycles suitable for every rider type. Whether you are an avid road cyclist looking for the newest, lightest frameset on the market, or crushing the downhill trails of Moab, or just looking to cruise the boardwalk, Diamondback has a bike to suit your needs. Diamondback believes that every bike they produce is a reflection of who they are. Therefore, each bike that rolls out of Diamondback’s factory embodies their core values which are precision, durability, and integrity.
2013 Diamondback Sortie Comp Components
- Frame: Diamondback Sortie 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum with a hooded hydroformed top tube, formed down tube, 9mmx135mm vertical drop out and Knuckle Box Technology
- Rear Shock: Fox Float CTD, "LV" eyelet 200x57mm Air w/ rebound adj, Climb, Trail, Descend lever
- Fork: Fox 32 FLoat CTD Air, 140mm travel, open cartridge, with ext. rebound knob, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers
- Headset: Zerostack, shallow steel cups, Loose ball bearing 1 1/8"
- Cranks: Shimano FCM552 Dyna-Sys 10spd Crankset w/Shimano outboard bearing BB w/ replaceable rings
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano outboard bearing BB
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore dual pull, down swing, 34.9
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT SGS Shadow Type 10spd
- Shifter: Shimano Deore 10spd Rapidfire
- Cogset (Casset/Freewheel): Shimano HG62 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- Chain: Shimano HG54 10spd
- Front Hub: 32h SL-6 Alloy w/ CNC Disc Mount
- Rear Hub: 32h SL-6 Alloy Cassette w/ CNC Disc mount
- Spokes: Black 14g Stainless Steel
- Rims: 32h SL-6 Doublewall Disc
- Tires: KENDA Slant 6 26x2.1
- Brakes: Shimano M455 Hydraulic Disc w/ 6-bolt, 180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore M505 hydraulic brake levers w/reach adj and hinge clamp.
- Pedals: DB Toe Clip Compatible alloy
- Handlebar: DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise
- Grips: DB4L 135mm Kraton
- Stem: Easton EA50 31.8mm
- Seat: WTB Vigo Comp
- Seat Post: Easton EA50 Double bolt clamp 31.6mm
2013 Diamondback Sortie Comp Geometry
|| 15.5" - S
|| 17" - M
|| 19" - L
|| 21" - XL
| Seat Tube Length
| Standover Height
| Head Tube Length
| Top Tube Length*
| Head Angle
| Seat Angle
| Wheel Base
| Stem Length
| Handlebar Width
Jenson USA is an authorized Diamondback retailer and this product is covered by Diamondback's warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. The warranty term varies by model. To see the full, printable warranty statement, please click here.
In the event of a warranty claim, the retailer (Jenson USA) will be your primary point of contact and will facilitate the claim on your behalf. Call us at (888) 880-3811 x149 or click "Email Us" from our Help Desk page and select "Warranty Claim" as the reason for the inquiry.