Nobody should go mountain biking without a helmet. But it is essential to wear the right helmet for you. Your helmet needs to fit correctly, give you the appropriate protection, and be comfortable.
At Jenson USA, we're big fans of the selection of Fox Dropframe mountain bike helmets. There are a few options to choose from with subtle differences, so we'll highlight them to help you decide between these fantastic mountain bike helmets.
In this article, we'll cover:
What is the Fox Dropframe Mountain Bike Helmet?
The Fox Dropframe Pro is a maximum coverage open-face mountain bike helmet. It sits above the Fox Speedframe helmet and is based on Fox's fantastic Proframe full-face helmet.
We like that this helmet is suitable for mountain bikers of all abilities who want the advantages of extra protection and coverage while they ride. If you're looking to increase your confidence on the trails, the Fox Dropframe will enhance your safety, allowing you to push your riding to the next level.
Features of this helmet include:
- Dual-density Varizorb EPS linerThis material disperses the forces created by impacts over a wide area, giving you extra protection.
- 8 sizable intake vents and 7 exhaust vents These strategically located holes help air to flow through the helmet, keeping you cool while promoting moisture management
- Fixed visor The position of the fixed visor is optimized to enhance the airflow through the helmet.
- Fidlock SNAP helmet buckle This superb fastener allows you to easily get in and out of your helmet with gloved hands.
- Moisture-wicking, antimicrobial helmet liner We like how this works well with the helmet's ventilation to keep you comfortable and fresh.
We like the Fox Dropframe Pro for its high level of comfort and protection. Its coverage around your head exceeds pretty much any open-face mountain bike helmet on the market.
- The extra protection covers your ears and extends around the back of your head. Jenson U.S.A. customers often use their Fox Dropframe Pro as an alternative to when they don't want to wear their full-face helmets.
- Fox has upgraded the Pro from the standard Dropframe to a M.I.P.S. helmet. This is a great system that reduces the rotational forces on your head in a crash. Ultimately, M.I.P.S. lessens the chance of brain injury. Having M.I.P.S gives you peace of mind that Fox has thrown all the available protection tech at this excellent MTB helmet.
- The Varizorb™ dual-density EPS liner enhances the Dropframe Pro's protection further with its excellent shock absorption properties.
This version of the Dropframe Pro is precisely the same as the one above, except it has a striking dark indigo color with a contrasting orange flash on each side. This means that you still get all the benefits of the original helmet but in an alternative style to suit your preference.
- Jenson USA customers have reported that they love how the Dropframe Pro fits. This is due to the additional foam pads you get with the helmet. These are different sizes, so you can adjust the helmet's fit. The pads attach to the helmet in several places to ensure it is as comfortable as possible.
- We like that the Dropframe Pro stays comfortable all day, whether you're enduro or trail riding.
- Thanks to the excellent ventilation, the Dropframe Pro is ideal for riding in warm weather.
The Dropframe Pro Sideswipe offers a different graphic in alternative colorways. This means you can choose which one goes best with your jersey or bike's color scheme.
- Rather than sticking to the solid black of the original Dropframe Pro, you can choose a light grey with red accents, a slate blue version, or a black one with a gold Fox logo and lettering.
- The Fox Dropframe Pro has been awarded 5 stars from Virginia Tech’s Bicycle Helmet Rating program. This is the highest rating an open-face helmet has ever received.
- With the medium size only weighing 750g, you get super lightweight construction without compromising safety.
The camo version of the Dropframe Pro comes in a military-inspired Khaki or grey color. The black graphics that wrap around the helmet have an almost carbon fiber weave effect. Thes two versions are super cool to look at and are popular with enduro and aggressive trail riders.
- Just like the other versions of the Fox Dropframe Pro, you get a high level of protection from the M.I.P.S and unrivaled coverage.
- The 15 air vents keep you cool by funneling air over the top of your head, which gets blown out the back of the helmet.
- One of the Jenson USA customers, Brandon K, says he loves the protection and style of this version of the Fox Dropframe Pro.
The Dropframe Pro Divide offers a different graphic in a black/white/orange colorway. The Divide looks much like the Dropframe Pro Graphic 2 helmet but with slightly different stripe detail, a colored rear vent area and bold lettering.
- Eye-catching black with white stripes and an orange vent area
- The Fox Dropframe Pro has the upgraded MIPS C2 which is black for a stealthy look and is thinner.
- All Dropframe Pro helmets are certified to CPSC, EN 1078 and AS/NZS 206 safety standards.
Fox has designed the Dropframe for mountain bikers who like to charge hard on downhill sections but want to pedal back up to do it again. It is a versatile helmet for enduro or trail riding with almost the same coverage as a full-face helmet but without a chin bar.
Our customers love how it fits and the confidence it provides you when the trails get tricky. This is something we appreciate, too, thanks to its superior coverage.